Cabinets.com supports the planting of trees with the
Cabinets.com has been committed to providing the highest quality all-wood kitchen cabinets, and we felt it was our duty to help preserve and grow our natural resource.
Cabinets.com is working with the Arbor Day Foundation to plant an estimated 15,000 trees this year in our nation's forests.
Arbor Day Foundation is a million member nonprofit conservation and education organization with the mission to inspire people to plant, nurture, and celebrate trees.
For questions about our Plant-a-Tree program please call 1-877-573-0088. To donate directly to the Arbor Day Foundation or learn more about involvement visit their website ArborDay.org
Why are trees so important to our ecosystem?
- Trees help our soil remain healthy by reducing soil erosion and by creating a soil climate suitable for microorganism to grow.
- A tree can absorb as much as 48 pounds of carbon dioxide per year and can sequester 1 ton of carbon dioxide by the time it reaches 40 years old.
- Hundreds of food products (fruit, coffee, nuts, etc.) and food additives (for ice cream, chewing gum, etc.) come from trees.
- One large tree can lift up to 100 gallons of water out of the ground and discharge it into the air in a day.
- One large tree can provide a day's supply of oxygen for up to four people.
From the North Carolina State University Trees of Strength Project, 2001